As a Market to Mealtime Educator, you will spend a day at your favorite farmers market, talk to shoppers about their purchases, share recipes, and suggest items that are available at the market on that day; as well as:
– Introduce new ideas on how to store, prepare, and consume seasonal items found at farmers markets
– Distribute seasonal recipe cards and other handouts to shoppers
– Direct customers to purchase ingredients with vendors
In order to participate you must:
– Attend a one time, 1-2 hour training session provided by MDFMA
– Be available to attend a market for up to 4 hours at a time
Your time commitment is flexible and dependent on your availability and the needs of the markets.
Fill out our volunteer form to get started with Market to Mealtime today! If you are a farmers market, and a member of MDFMA, and interested in having the Market to Mealtime curricula this season please email Tameka Lance at firstname.lastname@example.org.