Get FEd! 2017 Produce
- Sweet potatoes
- Collard Greens
- To bolster farmers’ sales at participating farmers markets
- To enrich farmers market customers’ knowledge of how to utilize and engage with food obtained at the market
How It Works
Starting in July 2017, MDFMA will launch a social media promotion of the Get FEd! program! Look out for weekly blog posts and two downloadable and printable recipe cards on the MDFMA website, posted below. Each week a new in season fruit or vegetable will be featured. The weekly blog post will host educational information on the featured fruit or vegetable. The recipes highlight the featured fruit or vegetable as its main ingredient.
Online Resources: for Social Media, Newsletters, and Websites
MDFMA will develop a suite of materials for market managers and farmers to use and share. These include:
- Two printable recipe cards per each week of the GetFEd! program. Recipes will be posted below on a weekly basis.
- Short blurbs promoting the weekly vegetable, tailored to each product, for market managers to share on their social media platforms.
- Images formatted for use on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and e-newsletters.
- A program hashtag for use in all program-related posts, linking the individual markets’ communications to a larger, statewide initiative.