April 28th, 2014
MarketLink Sign-up Day April 30th in Allegany County
by Amy Crone
The Maryland Farmers Market Association has scheduled a sign-up day for MarketLink to be held at the Allegany County Fairgrounds on April 30th, from 3pm – 8pm.
Details for this event are:
- Location: Allegany County Fairgrounds, 11400 Moss Ave, Cumberland, MD 21502 (map)
- Time: 3pm – 8pm, with dinner provided around 5pm by the Community Wellness Foundation
- What: Assistance with the 3-step process to sign-up for MarketLink, through which qualified farmers and markets can receive free equipment to accept the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly known as Food Stamps), credit & debit at farmers markets
Prior to attending, farmers and markets should complete this short questionnaire on the MarketLink site:
In order to complete the process, farmers and markets should bring the following with them to the sign-up day:
- Business information (such as date your farm started, estimated sales, etc.)
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Copy of photo ID
- Cancelled check (or copy of cancelled check)
If you plan to attend and would like to select a time-slot for assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All walk-ins will be assisted first-come, first-serve. For any other questions, call 410-929-1645.