We are dedicated to supporting these unsung – and often underpaid – heroes of the markets, and will continue to provide assistance to them in a variety of ways.
Whether you are looking to Start a Farmers Market or if you are a veteran market manager, we have resources to help you navigate the ever-shifting waters of the farmers market world. Whether you would like to schedule a one-on-one analysis of your market or needs assessment, or if you can find what you need on our website, we have you covered. As one example, we have designed a tool to help you locate the permits that apply to your market and your vendors – check out our Regulations page to help navigate the sometimes confusing web of requirements and forms.
The MDFMA has negotiated a nationally competitive rate for your market, and will become the statewide gateway to farmers market insurance which follows the market calendar. For more information please see the page on our Insurance Program.
- Webinars on accept federal nutrition benefit programs like SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, formerly known as Food Stamps) at market
- Slideshows on best practices at market
- Guides on marketing
- Videos on how federal nutrition benefits programs work at market
- Workshops on bringing more customers to market and implementing incentive programs
- We plan to have a Market Manager Certification program in 2015 – by joining us now you can help shape that program.
We bring you info on timely and important topics such as food safety, funding opportunities, and upcoming events.
Marketing & Membership
We feature Member Markets on our website and through our calendar and social media outlets. As part of your membership you will also receive a FREE membership in the Farmers Market Coalition, which comes with access to their vast library of information. You will also have an opportunity to serve and vote on the MDFMA Board of Directors and committees, directly contributing your voice to improving the climate for farmers markets in Maryland. See more on benefits of joining us on our Membership page.