The Maryland Farmers Market Association (MDFMA) is dedicated to supporting farmers in all the aspects of participating in a farmers market – from finding the right fit to maximizing sales, to marketing and promotions, to accepting all forms of payment from all types of customers.
Some of the programs and resources that MDFMA offers farmers include:
We can help you with finding, selecting, and working with the right farmers market in addition to other topics such as federal nutrition benefits programs, marketing, and professional development opportunities.
We can assist you with insurance for all of your markets – at a nationally negotiated rate.
- Webinars on signing up to accept federal nutrition benefit programs like SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, formerly known as Food Stamps)
- Slideshows on best practices at market Guides on marketing
- Videos on how federal nutrition benefits programs work at market
- Workshops on maximizing profit
We bring you info on timely and important topics such as food safety, business planning, licenses and permitting, and funding opportunities. Subscribe to our newsletter, contact us directly, or explore our website – if we don’t have what you are looking for let us know and we’ll work to get you the answers that you need. Some of the areas that we have been working on compiling the most up-to-date information include:
- Starting to sell at a Farmers Market
- Accepting Federal Nutrition Benefits Programs
- Participating in Incentive Programs
- Grants and Fundraising