July 13th, 2015
Celebrate the Buy Local Challenge-July 18-July 26
by Maryland Farmers Market Association
Stumped on how to maximize your participation in this year’s Buy Local Challenge? We’ve compiled a list of creative ways to participate-these ideas aren’t just relevant July 18-July 26.
You can use them all year long to become a conscious, local consumer!
1. Sign-up to take the Buy Local Challenge here
. Invite your friends, neighbors, and family to sign-up with you!
2. Now that you’re all signed up, it’s time to shop local! Use the “Where to Buy Local” page on the Buy Local Challenge website to plan your week of shopping local. Use our Market Locator to plan your farmers market visits!
3. When shopping at your local farmers market, don’t forget to use your SNAP, WIC FVC, and/or FMNP (Senior/WIC) benefits. Use your benefits at select markets and receive Maryland Market Money to stretch your local purchasing power even further!
4. If you manage or work at a restaurant, business, or university that sells, cooks, or otherwise produces locally grown products, promote the Challenge to your customers!
5. Download the FREE promotional materials and the Buy Local Challenge logo here
. Use these tools to promote the Challenge!
6. Use the Hashtag #BuyLocalChallenge to tweet, update your Facebook Page, and share your pictures, successes and, experiences with the Buy Local Challenge. Don’t forget to “Follow” and “Like” the Buy Local Challenge on Facebook
to get updated on the latest happenings during the week of the Challenge.
7. Enjoy the Challenge!