Looking for a way to give back this Thanksgiving? Or just to get a healthy sweat before diving into your holiday meal? Look no further! MDFMA’s second annual “Turkey Trot” lets you do both those things while raising funds for Maryland Market Money, our win-win program that brings fresh, good food to low-income families and supports local farmers.
Become a “fund-racer” for the Maryland Farmers Market Association and start your Thanksgiving Day with friends, family, and running buddies as you walk/run/trot for a cause!
Not in Maryland this holiday? No problem. The beauty of this Turkey Trot is that you can participate from wherever you are.
Here’s how it works:
1) Commit to running a “turkey trot” on Thanksgiving morning. That could meaning signing up for an organized run near you, or just heading out for a 5k of your own! The YMCA of Central Maryland hosts eight walk/runs in the Greater Baltimore/Annapolis area: https://ymdturkeytrot.org/
2) Start fundraising! Ask your friends, families and co-workers to make a financial pledge to your turkey trot. We ask that fund-racers set a goal of at least $150, though you don’t have to reach that goal to participate.
To show our gratitude, MDFMA will provide all fund-racers with:
1) An MDFMA t-shirt (the height of trotting fashion)
2) A customizable, personal webpage and fundraising email template
3) A 5k training plan, tips, and motivation!
Sign up here! http://bit.ly/
Care to share? #MDFMATurkeytrot